Since Houston Methodist announced March 31 that all managers had to receive at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or get an exemption by April 15, and all employees had to be vaccinated by June 7, more than 60 healthcare organizations have announced vaccination mandates for their employees.
In addition, more than 60 healthcare groups, including national associations and medical societies have released statements that support vaccination mandates for healthcare workers.
The most recent healthcare systems to mandate vaccinations are:
- UCHealth, Aurora, Colorado, will require its employees, providers, volunteers, and partners to be vaccinated by October 1, unless an exemption for medical or religious reasons is obtained. Those with an exemption must wear a mask at all times in UCHealth facilities and be tested weekly.
- Pullman Regional Hospital, Pullman, Washington, will require employees to be fully vaccinated or request a personal, medical, or religious belief exemption by October 27. The personal belief exemption will expire on June 1, 2022, or within 2 months of full FDA approval of a vaccine.
- Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, is requiring employees, providers, volunteers, vendors, students, and contract staff to be fully vaccinated by October 1, unless an exemption is granted.
- Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Michigan, will require COVID-19 vaccination of team members, medical staff, students, volunteers, and contractors, within 8 weeks of FDA approval of a vaccine, or sooner depending pandemic circumstances.
- Ascension, a 149-hospital health system based in St Louis, will require COVID-19 vaccination of workers who provide direct patient care and those who work in health system sites of care or remotely, by November 12. This includes workers employed by subsidiaries and partners, physicians and advanced practice providers, and volunteers and vendors.
- Care New England, Providence, Rhode Island, has required vaccination for students, volunteers, and new hires since July 1. Mangers will be required to begin vaccinations before Labor Day.
Becker’s Hospital Review has the full list and continues to update it as organizations announce mandates.
Read More >>