Since listing the hospitals and health systems mandating COVID-19 vaccination for its employees on June 29 ( https://www.ormanager.com/briefs/growing-number-of-hospitals-healthcare-systems-mandating-covid-19-vaccinations-for-hcws/ ), Becker’s Hospital Review has added five more, bringing the number to 26.
In chronological order, the five additional organizations that have added mandates as of July 8 are:
- Trinity Health, Livonia, Michigan, will require its 117,000 employees in 22 states to get the COVID-19 vaccine after the number who received at least one shot stagnated at 75%.
- Mercy, St Louis, will require its 40,000 employees in 44 hospitals and healthcare facilities to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30.
- University Hospital, Newark, New Jersey, will require all of its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical or religious exemption, according to a June 30 report.
- Yale New Haven Health, New Haven, Connecticut, will require all health system employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, but the deadline is still being determined, according to officials at a June 30 press conference.
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Hartford, will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30.
The list will continue to be updated as organizations announce mandates, the report says.
Read More >>