The Joint Commission on August 31 released its top five most challenging requirements for the first half of 2016.
The top five requirements cited most frequently as “not compliant” for hospitals during surveys and reviews from January 1 through June 30 are:
- 66% EC.02.06.01 The hospital establishes and maintains a safe, functional environment.
- 59% IC.02.02.01 The hospital reduces the risk of infections associated with medical equipment, devices, and supplies.
- 56% EC.02.05.01 The hospital manages risks associated with its utility systems.
- 50% LS.02.01.20 The hospital maintains the integrity of the means of egress.
- 47% LS.02.01.35 The hospital provides and maintains systems for extinguishing fires.
Joint Commission Online Weekly Newsletter
Read More >>