The Joint Commission on May 16 announced that approximately 25% of applicable elements of performance (EPs) in its ambulatory care program will no longer apply to organizations that primarily provide surgical and nonsurgical services via a telehealth platform.
Among the reductions:
- 12 EPs in the Environment of Care chapter addressing medical equipment.
- 31 EPs in the Emergency Management chapter addressing the organization’s role in the community response plan.
- 36 EPs in the Infection Prevention and Control chapter.
- 4 National Patient Safety Goals addressing patient identifiers and hand hygiene.
- 4 EPs addressing care coordination in the Provision of Care chapter.
- 1 EP addressing data collection on incidents involving the use of sedation/anesthesia in the Performance Improvement chapter.
The changes are effective July 1.
Read More >>