The Joint Commission on September 4 posted the Top 5 most challenging requirements identified most frequently as “not compliant” during surveys and reviews during the first half of 2019.
The Top 5 for hospital accreditation are:
- LS.02.01.35: The hospital provides and maintains systems for extinguishing fires (91%).
- EC.02.05.01: The hospital manages risks associated with its utility systems (80%).
- EC.02.06.01: The hospital establishes and maintains a safe, functional environment (78%).
- LS.02.01.10: Ensure that building and fire protection features are designed and maintained to minimize the effects of fire, smoke, and heat (73%).
- EC.02.05.05: Inspect, test, and maintain utility systems (71%).
Read More >>