Encouraging words are more appreciated when they are informal and specific in their praise, reports the May 15 Fast Company online.
A few ways for managers to put this into practice include:
- Showing appreciation for an idea not just in meetings but during impromptu interactions, like corridor conversations.
- Noting and complementing an employee’s progress in a particular area.
- Highlighting a win by sharing an employee’s recent accomplishment with the whole team.
- Recognizing dedication by commending those who play crucial supporting roles in making victories possible.
- Cheering collaboration to reinforce the ordinary, everyday teamwork the department depends on.
The challenge is figuring out how to share small doses of encouragement on a regular basis without it ringing hollow after a while, the author notes.
Read More >>