March 26, 2019
CDC: Healthcare-associated infections declining
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on March 19 released its current progress report on healthcare-associated infections, which includes state and national level statistics for 2017.
Among the findings for acute care hospitals:
- Clostridium difficile infections declined by 13%.
- Central line-associated bloodstream infections fell by 9%.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections decreased by 8%.
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections declined by 5%.
- Ventilator-associated events fell by 3%.
- Surgical site infections for 10 selected procedures decreased by 1%.
Read More >>
© 2019 Access Intelligence, LLC – All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without expressed written permission of Access Intelligence, LLC is prohibited. OR Manager is a registered trademark of Access Intelligence, LLC.