February 9, 2018
Budget deal includes big changes for healthcare
The US Congress on February 9 passed a budget deal that will have a significant impact across nearly every sector of the healthcare industry, the March 9 Business Insider reports.
Among the initiatives are:
- $2 billion for the National Institutes of Health
- $6 billion to combat the opioid crisis
- $4 billion for VA hospital and clinic improvements
- $7 billion to community health centers
- $495 million for medical education
- $363 million to academic health centers.
The plan also:
- closes the donut hole in Medicare’s prescription drug coverage
- extends the Children’s Health Insurance Program for 10 years
- repeals the Independent Payment Advisory Board for Medicare set up as part of the Affordable Care Act.
Read More >>
© 2018 Access Intelligence, LLC – All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without expressed written permission of Access Intelligence, LLC is prohibited. OR Manager is a registered trademark of Access Intelligence, LLC.