The ECRI Institute on January 22 announced the released its annual “Top 10 Hospital C-suite Watch List.”
Among the new and emerging innovations to watch are:
- Acuity-adaptable rooms, where hospitals keep a patient in the same room from admission to discharge, regardless of acuity level.
- Insertable cardiac monitors that interface with a smartphone to detect and report atrial fibrillation and record the heart’s electrical activity if the patient is experiencing chest pain or syncope.
- Virtual reality for pediatric patients to help reduce pain and anxiety during procedures.
- Microneedles for nearly pain-free blood draws.
- Intraoperatively delivered brachytherapy for brain tumors.
- Microhospitals to help increase access to healthcare in fast-growing areas.
Registration is required for access to the list.
Download ECRI Institute’s 2018 Top 10 Hospital C-suite Watch List to stay on top of patient care innovations that could affect cost and care delivery over the next 12-18 months, including apps for treating opioid addiction, acuity-adaptable rooms, insertable cardiac monitors, and virtual reality for pediatrics to reduce pain and anxiety.
Read More >>